X2 Opteron in gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would recommend 3 things.

The first would be eVGA... but since it's hard to find in AU. anything other then XFX. Forget factory OC. You can OC it yourself. There are tons of good tools out there to use.

Second consider going with (2 X 1GIG) RAM... OCin' ram or not?

Third - Look into the Seasonic S12-600watt PSU. Dual 18a 12v rails, Active PFC, SLI certified, up to 80% efficiency. My buddy just got this PSU and after some multimeter testing... it's darn impressive... Solid as a rock.

BTW. Very nice choice on cases... I love that case. It's not a flashy, gamers case, with a side window... but it's made really well, has great cooling and has a fantasic internal design...

Zer4tyr said:
Yeah, I don't think I'll be overclocking. I'll just go with the 4400+, and save a bit of money. It's hard to find eVGA GPUs in aust for some reason. I'm going with the XFX as it is factory OC'd to 490MHz, which i think is the same as the eVGA. Also it is a fair bit cheaper than the eVGA, at AU$869
don't get XFX. I live in Australia too, the eVGA's aren't here. but I'd go with an MSI

MSI 7800 GTX is AU$635 at www.msy.com.au
the price list is at www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

i guess this is a personal preference, but i'd suggest a Leadtek card. although there is certainly nothing wrong with MSI, just get whichever you can find cheaper.

Zalman CNPS7700-Cu CPU Cooler

The old tried and true.

But if you want some mega-cooling, go with the CNPS9500. Plus. it looks cooler...

35-118-223-01.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118223

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom