Video Card for these Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptran127

Solid State Member
I need a video card that will work well for games like Age of Empires 3 & the Sims series. I don't play Half-Life or Counter Strike. I'm looking for a 128MB card, but is a 256MB card even necessary? I don't want any lag in gameplay. Something under $100 would be even better.

i think that u will need a 256MB card to play age of empires and sims, if you dont want any lags watsoever. the 256mb is very necessary these days as games become more demanding, and you would be better off saving a little extra just to get that 256mb card. i would also suggest the nvidia 6800 gtx or the gt, and well the latest card out which is the 7800 from nvidia. stick to nvidia they're better than ati.

6800 gtx? do u mean ultra...and personally i think that a 6800 gt or ultra would be all that you need because the 7800gt seems to be a little bit overkill even for some of the latest games.

I'm lookin for something more on the lines of under $100. There's a BFG GeForce 6200OC 256MB AGP that I'm looking at, and also a XFG GeForce 6600GT AGP.

I'm assuming that you know you have agp?
I'd get a 6600GT. Maybe not XFX, but if it's the XFX 6600GT or the 6200, get the 6600GT.
I have the card and it runs everything smoothy at high settings so far except for battlefield 2 and fear (battlefield 2 I play at medium/high settings, no lag)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom