Hard Drive Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtj922

Solid State Member
It seems that downloading too many simpsons, family guy, and southpark episodes has filled all of my hard drive space. It is about 92% full. So rather than my computer exploding from fragmentation, I've decided to purchase a new hard drive. Any recommendations?

This is my current setup:

AMD Athlon(tm) 1600+
1.40 GHZ
760 MB RAM
MSI Mother Board
40 GB Western Digital Harddrive 5400 RPM
-------->>

I'm thinking about a Seagate 40GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive . . .

mtj922 said:
It seems that downloading too many simpsons, family guy, and southpark episodes has filled all of my hard drive space. It is about 92% full. So rather than my computer exploding from fragmentation, I've decided to purchase a new hard drive. Any recommendations?

This is my current setup:

AMD Athlon(tm) 1600+
1.40 GHZ
760 MB RAM
MSI Mother Board
40 GB Western Digital Harddrive 5400 RPM
-------->>

I'm thinking about a Seagate 40GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive . . .

It's time for a cd-rw if you don't have one.This will remove them from your Windows HD and return the space,and back them up.
I hope you get this in time.

The general consensus from what I've read has been maxtor and seagate. Any reason for choosing one over the other?

actually u forgot to add wd in there. Umm well maxtor is cheaper but most of the time louder. Wd is a bit more quiter but sometimes hd develope the wine specifically se drives. seagate is in between used to suck now becoming decent, uhh but still more than maxtor or wd there dead with in a week or so but still a good brand. they all have flaws

There both good

mtj922 said:
The general consensus from what I've read has been maxtor and seagate. Any reason for choosing one over the other?

I would appreciate a comment though.If you do this are you prepared to use 2 hd's and put Windows on the new one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom