running a PSU alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerj14

In Runtime
Hey I have an extra PSU lying in my garage somewhere i was wondering.. if i can hook it up alone and just put like 6 80 MM fans connected to it and use it as a household fan or something creative to do with it..

You can, Whenever you want to turn it on you would have to connect the Green and Black Wire on the 20 pin connector, with a paper Clip or something.

Though I think it will be bad for the PSU not having Load on it. even 6 fans isn't alot.

interesting.. im going to give a try actually.. i also one other question for you Ste i have a 1 centimeter inch thick line going from my graphics card to my PSU and on the end going into the graphics card is a squarish little device looks like the wiring is passing through but it looks like their is a bit pressure on it becasue of the little space inside my case i was wondering is this piece delicate or is it just wiring i cant really tell..

Id say its fine, power connectors are pretty sturdy.

What power supply is it and, you said it plugs into your graphics card right?

its probably a 4 pin molex connector, I have a 6800, and one is connected to it.

yea it looks like a moller id say your talking about .. i think its an ANTEC 450 Watter im not sure what model though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom