Same board but different price??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your replies guys.

The overclockers motherboard's price doesn't include delivery. That's another £8 on top! But in all fairness their servce is second to non. For example: I sent back an MSI motherboard because i heard it was rubbish. I explained that i wanted to exchange it for another board, and that i wanted to add it to another order i'll be making in a few days time - to save on delivery cost. The very day they got it, they processed it and issued a refund.

I almost feel guilty shopping else where because they've been so good to me, but i'm not made of money and this upgrade is breaking the bank...

Btw, i've been looking at both your system specs in your sigs and noticed that you're both using high watt PSUs.

Here's the spec i'm upgrading to:

6800GT 256
The mother board shown
2x 516 DDR 3200 ram
AMD 3500+
And a 430 PSU - antec

I have two 80g maxtor hard disks
No extra fans (but that will change)
Modem
soundscard (low spec)

Will a 430 antec PSU be enough to power all that?!?

Yeah antec are good and keeps a steady voltage. Your buying a sli mobo though? so do you intend to go sli? Personally I wouldnt bother has little advantage for the price. If you do go sli might need a better PSU. For what you have at the moment though 430 watts is fine.

No, i don't intend to go SLI. I've seen some bench mark results and it doesn't seem worth it.

However, that board seems to be of a higher quality that the non SLI ones therefore i've opted for that board.

I don't suppose anyone can recommend a good non SLI of the same quality as the one featured above?

I would recommend a DFI NF4 Ultra-D
it does actually support SLI, but you don't have to use it. it's a very good board.

otherwise I'd suggest an MSI K8N Neo4. it's a great board. not as good as the DFI, but less expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom