Ram Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerohero2

Baseband Member
I have a 512MB stick of ram in my computer. It's DDR SDRAM with a speed of 400Mhz (PC3200), and it's PNY Optima Brand. I'm only able to push 266Mhz on my CPU so it was just a I'll have it for the future thing. My Uncle gave me a 256MB DDR SDRAM stick of Kingston 266Mhz (PC2100). My question is, when I put both sticks in, only the 400Mhz is being read and I can't change the speed of the ram. On DXDIAG it only shows 512MB of Ram. I can see a significant speed boost when I put the 256MB in, but after an hour I recieve a blue screen because win32k.sys has failed, is there a way to fix this so it reads the other stick and runs fully operational.

im have a similar problem. i had 3 x 512mb pc 2700 but i want to take 1 of the sticks out so i will have better bandwith with dual channel. i took out 1 and windows would start. ntfs error is what it said. i tried to clear the CMOS but then i ran into all sorts of problems.

I don't have a manual on me, so no, i've only got three RAM slots and I've tried all the combinations I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom