ATI Midgrade Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerohero2

Baseband Member
I'm looking for a midgrade ATI card that would compete with a Geforce 6600GT. I'm new to ATI's card production names and I don't know which is good and which is bad, I do know Nvidia pretty well. I thought maybe it's time for change in company, I love what they did with the Gamecube (even if it was custom made to their specifications).

Attachments

• ati logo.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 54
Would an ATI All-in-Wonder 9600XT stand a fair chance against a Geforce 6600GT or just a standard 6600? And what's better about Nvidia?

Okay, I have one more question, why is it that Nvidia's cards are cheaper in $$$ than ATI even at equivalent performance?

9600xt is an old card. (and also, if you are not going to be recording tv, don't waste your money on all in wonder.) It was a great card when it was released, the 6600gt of the day. But anyway, I don't have anything against ATI, its just their drivers really let the power of the card down, and they don't perform as well in real world enviroments, where you are gaming. Ask Beedubaya, he was getting single fingure FPS in DOOM 3.

image002.gif

Thanks everyone, I think I'll stick with what I know, Nvidia. You've been a big help, and you prevented me from making a HUGE mistake!

Haha another life saved. Job well done guys. Too bad nobody was there to prevent me from buying a bad card :(

well, if you ARE looking for a comparable ATI card, the 9800 series is about the same as the 6600 series for nvidia. PZEROFGH has one for sale... Maybe you'd be interested? I think that card is very sound, unlike the disasterous X series they are currently running.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom