Some MPEGs not playing video

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
I have a few mpeg files that, when opening with either RealPlayer or WMP, only have sound. Since they are the size and type of file that would have a picture, I'd like to know what I could do.
I already bought some sort of decoder but as far as DVDs go it was a complete waste of $20. Not sure if that matters though because these are saved to my HD.

I've had a similar problem. I play the MPEG and the sound is perfect, but the video is really crappy. I know its not the file. I have the newest divx codec. Whenever anything moves fast it starts to scramble up.

I did install the DivX codec. Do I need updates perhaps? Keep in mind that I have a lot of files on my HD that work fine.

guys,divx is for avi's.
if its mpeg2 (svcd) you need the mpeg2 codec.dvd vob files are also mpeg2.
you need to install a dvd player like powerdvd.you dont need to use the player to play the files,but installing the player will install the codec.

hmmm! i think with only your WMP you should be able to read Mpeg. did you go under tools -> options -> types of files or someting there there's an option to check for mpeg.

Yes I did that petogaz, and MPEG's were checked off. I have PowerDVD installed, too. :confused:

(Some work, some don't)

Could the mpegs themselves be the problem? Like, could they be damaged, or could some evil person have removed something from them to make the video not play?

there's also k-lite codec Pack you can download. i installed it on my comp and that works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom