no more playstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfifty

Beta member
sickness said:
I would buy parts and make my own if I were you. I'm not a fan of that case either.

Is that because it would be cheaper? or is there something wrong with the parts offered. PC gaming is completely new to me and reading about compatibility issues, overclocking, etc. kind of scared me away from building one myself. Although i want to learn, i figured i'd get a pc that was built correctly and practice upgrades over time before i actually tried to build one from scratch.

In your case building a pc is a lot better,

1st. You get all the experience and knowledge.

2nd. Don't buy off ebay, you don't know what your going to get (I know it's not likley to happen but the guy whom your buying from can have all his account information wrong so he stays completely anonymous and then sends you a box of bricks :amazed: ).

3rd. That video card isin't the best, you can get a hell of a lot better.

buying something like a computer off ebay isnt the best idea. wut games are u looking to play?

Thanks for all the help. I'm trying not to spend more than 700 bucks. so if i built that exact computer using a different video card would this computer be a stable platform to build upon? Remember I do plan on upgrading in the future i just can't afford to buy the best of everything right now. This computer will be for gaming though so i think i should spend a little more for a decent video card. does anyone have any recommendations? Also is there any benefit from running windows xp professional over the home edition for gaming purposes?

jcortes said:
buying something like a computer off ebay isnt the best idea. wut games are u looking to play?

I'm not real sure being that i am new to pc gaming, but on the PS2 I played mostly madden, grand theft auto and gran turismo. What really made me want a computer though was looking at a trailer for doom3 and condemned not to mention the endless upgrade possibilities you get with a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom