soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try to talk in games, but nobody would hear me. I used the windows voice recorder thing and it seemed to work fine, but as soon as I tried it in CS or BF2, it wouldn't work. I would go to the microphone setup things that they have for each game and test my mic there. After talking to myself for a while (my voice was kinda quiet and would echo and I could also hear static), I would hear a loud sound through my headset that seemed to loop over and over again, getting louder and louder each time. Everything worked flawlessly with onboard sound. I did some googling and checked the Creative forums, and I guess it's a known issue with that card, but Creative just ignores everyone and refuses to do anything about it. Also, for some reason, the Platinum and Gamer editions of the card don't seem to have a problem. I read a few things that said it might have something to do with USB headsets... and I also read a few other "solutions," but nothing works. I tried to get it to work for over a week, and I finally got tired of trying to fix it and decided to spend the extra $45 and get the X-Fi. It better be worth it...

beardo526 said:
I would try to talk in games, but nobody would hear me. I used the windows voice recorder thing and it seemed to work fine, but as soon as I tried it in CS or BF2, it wouldn't work. I would go to the microphone setup things that they have for each game and test my mic there. After talking to myself for a while (my voice was kinda quiet and would echo and I could also hear static), I would hear a loud sound through my headset that seemed to loop over and over again, getting louder and louder each time. Everything worked flawlessly with onboard sound. I did some googling and checked the Creative forums, and I guess it's a known issue with that card, but Creative just ignores everyone and refuses to do anything about it. Also, for some reason, the Platinum and Gamer editions of the card don't seem to have a problem. I read a few things that said it might have something to do with USB headsets... and I also read a few other "solutions," but nothing works. I tried to get it to work for over a week, and I finally got tired of trying to fix it and decided to spend the extra $45 and get the X-Fi. It better be worth it...

I have the audigy 2 ptm. THe only problem I have is that I have to alt-tab out to windows volume control and change the active mic from mic 1 (on the sound card) to mic 2 (on the front bay). I have to do this for each map or level that loads when playing online. I have tried to use mic 1, but it doesnt work. Also it seems that each program that has the ability to use a mic, when opened resets to default as mic 1, even though I had set it on mic 2. Its a pain, but I deal I havent check the forums. What is the url? I plan on ditching this card and getting one of the X-Fi this summer.

Thanks for the info.

wtf?
i have audigy 2 zs a mic and paly bf2 and cs and no problem. Get audigy 2 zs man u will some monry to buy soem games or music.

Oh, I have money. I am just waiting to build a new pc when vista is closer to release. I plan to go with a dual core, possibly sli, and the new X-Fi. Just waiting to do it all. I'll be fine with this card for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom