I/O Error--Related To DVD/CD Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ls

Solid State Member
Hi, Folks:

I need help regarding the following error, which appeared alongside a large red circle with X in it:
==============================================
I/O Error!
Device: [0:0:0](G)
CDB: 12 00 00 00 38 00
Interpretation: Inquiry

Reason: The specified network resource or device is no longer available.
==============================================
I made various attempts such as uninstalling(restarting the system to pick them up) certain aspects of Device Manager, reloading the Pioneer DVR-106D DVD-RW driver. Nothing relieves the problem. My system is NOT networked; therefore the "reason" above must relate to that DVD-RW drive.

HELP!!!

Thanks,

P.S. A prompt response would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

4ls

I/O Error

Thanks, sunsider.

I have done the equivalent. I have either turned off power, removed discs from each drive individually.

Sir, I am convinced that this problem relates to the Device Manager configuration. The system may sort out the problem itself.

After that particular operation failed--which was the end of a sequence: DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, ImgTool, Burn. Essentially the first three items had completed. Only when the DVD-RW drive became involved did the excrement emerge.

But later, in an alternative operation, I seemed to have written the files to the DVD with that DVD-RW drive. But something went awry before the disc housekeeping wrapped that corrupted the DVD. The title of the DVD is presence, but the DVD won't play.

I am preparing to begin another sequence with a different DVD to determine if my luck has changed.

Your interest is appreciated.

Regards.

4ls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom