Which X-Fi??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only ones worth getting are either the XtremeMusic, or the Elite, whichever you can afford.

So XtremeMusic for you.

Flanker said:
Only ones worth getting are either the XtremeMusic, or the Elite, whichever you can afford.

So XtremeMusic for you.

Are you saying that they are the only ones worth getting for him? Or for anyone?

Please explain?

Flanker said:

So XtremeMusic for you.
Why the **** would anybody in their right mind shell out $500 for a sound card?!? The only thing the elite has over the Fatal1ty are tons more music production and recording options, and i think it has different DACS, but you are basicly saying if you can afford the Fatal1ty (which is half the price of the elite and still has the 64mb RAM), but not the elite, you should just get the XtremeMusic?? That's just stupid IMO.

Its either the Fatal1ty or the Elite thats worth getting, besides the XtremeMusic. One of those is worth getting and the other is not. I can't remember which one it was, its been a while since I looked at em. But yea, its XtremeMusic and one other thats worth getting, and thats all, for everyone.

003 you're exactly right. The Elite is equipped with the Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC. The others are not. If any of them isn't worth the $399 to $499 price tag it would be that one. If you're interested in the Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC for high-end audio, chances are you'll be going with an M-AUDIO or EMU card. Or obviously much high-end sound cards.

The Fatal1ty FPS is still a bit pricey if you has me. I was dumb enough to buy it. Although i'm more then happy with it... It's still a lot of money. The frontpanel & remote comes in very, very handy and the X-RAM hasn't really shown it's true colors yet. BF2 is the only game that supports it right now. And there is a difference from the Audigy 2 ZS because that's what I upgraded from. There are a buttload of more sounds in BF2 using an X-fi card with (x-fi/Ultra) settings. Does it increase FPS? I couldn't tell you. I think the name is stupid too. I don't give a crap if it has Jonathan Wendell's gaming name on it. It's certainly not going to make me play like him. That right there if removed would lower the price.

The Extrememusic version is the best buy in my opinion. If you can live without the frontpanel, remote and XRAM. Great card for just abou the same price as the Audigy 2 ZS and 24 times more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom