New Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckySpin

Solid State Member
Hey i was thinking about getting a video card for my PC it has to be an AGP and well i can't buy something super expensive ither.. Cuz im not working at the moment.. The most highest i could probably go is up to like $110... So this is one that i saw and thought was pretty good....http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102450

Its the Radeon 9600XT... I thought it was ok.. Just to handle games like Fear and Stuff, at highest settings.. Can anyone tell me if its an okay card.. or do you all have a better one in mind?

Well for that price it might be the best card you can get. You can definitely not max out fear though. I can play it on medium if i'm lucky with my X700 Pro, which is better than the 9600XT. If you want to max out fear, you'd have to get a 6800GT.

Hay man those cards you mention are good, but i only have AGP slots on my motherboard.. It being a HP and all.. Do you know of any good AGP video cards??

Yep a 6800GT AGP is the best AGP card out there. They don't make them anymore but you can still find some on the internet. You might have to look pretty hard but they're out there.

DO NOT GET AN ATI X*** SERIES CARD. i have one myself and they are horrible for their price. The nvidia cards outperform them greatly, even a 6600GT can beat an X800 in most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom