Hard drive transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vybuni

Daemon Poster
Im building a new computer and the parts should arrive soon. When i get it up and running, is there some easy way to transfer all the files on my old computer to my new one? Can i just stick my old hard drive in and just copy all the files off of it? My new system will be an AMD with a lanparty ultra-d and my old system is a pentium4 with an asus motherboard if that helps.

Should be fine, If its IDE just stick it in and put your new hard drive in too which will most likly be SATA and copy over the files you wish to keep or use norton ghost. If the hard drives SATA then same really boot up from the old one copy over the files you wish to keep.

if you plan to use the existing windows install then it most likely will not work with all the hardware changes....you'll have to re-install windows

Im gonna install windows on my new hard drive and boot off of that, im just wondering if i can just plug in my old hard drive and copy all my stuff off that onto the new one.
Can i just plug both computers together with an ethernet cord and just set up a mini "network" and just move it that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom