Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Got Media Center, and I was wondering if it is just same as XP except with the Media Center and the fancy lookin taskbar. Also does this OS screw with performance in anyway, like make games slower or anything like that. I haven't head VERY Much about it.

Afriad not I'm running Fedora 4 and XP currently. Would be using the November CTP of Vista but it's too buggy and hasnt' been released from what I hear.

I have used Media Center before though.

It's not really worth it though if you don't have a tuner card and don't wish to pay for one. You also should take advantage of the TV Media center features and then you'll want a remote. All these prices add up fast. I've only tried to OS briefly so I don't know how much my review is worth. So in the end unless you are planning on watching movies from your PC on your TV and such don't get it unless you do these things as it's like XP.

Edit: I am hearing nice things about media center extenders that work with the Xbox 360 though I wish I could see that. Does it offer the standard functionality or more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom