processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty much everything a lot of multitasking and gaming and such and i think that the intel with hyper threading is going to work better for me than amd

What about an Athlon X2 3800? It would do a lot better in both aspects. Or is it out of your budget? I have a 3.0GHz the exact same as the one that you want to buy in my parents Dell and quite frankly it don't do squat!

its only 2 ghz as apposed to the 3 ghz im getting with the intel what am i missing that makes the one you suggest better

GHz don't mean much with AMDs. A 3800+ equals or surpasses a P4 3.8GHz.

AMDs run faster on fewer GHz than the Pentiums.

so is the pentium 4 3.0 prescott any good or not i want something fast and can handle multitasking and gaming but im not really wanting to spend 300 bux either but i guess i might have to

apokalipse said:
for RAM, I'd get PQI

what video card you looking at?
the amount of memory doesn't really tell you how good a video card is.
you could have a 128MB video card that's better than a 256MB video card.
so what exactly makes a video card good?

A P4 3.0 ain't bad, but it can't keep up with the AMDs as far as gaming and everyday usage goes. The P4's shine when it comes to video encoding and such.

$300? Why? You can get a 3000+ for $147, a 3500+ for $201, a 3800+ for $282. But if you want to spend the money, you can get a 4000+ for $334, a X2 4400+ for $497, and a FX-57 for $1011.

The FX-57 runs at only 2.8GHz, but there ain't a P4 that can keep up without major overclocking.

so what exactly makes a video card good?

The GPU of the card can make or break a vid card. Be sure to not only look at how current the GPU is, but at what speed it runs at, as well as the speed the RAM runs at, what type of RAM it uses, and lastly how much RAM it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom