Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
Does anyone know of a firewall which is freeware that is compatible with windows 2003 server? If so, what is the name of it and where can I get it?

TIA

Hardware firewall > software firewall

I know your looking for a free product, but if security is important, I would go with a sonicwall

I use a switch (which has protection) and sygate firewall (software). I did hear that sygate works for windows server 2003, but I am not positive on that.

bradybnmci said:
yeah, Honestly I would never put a freeware firewall on any server.

Then what hardware firewall do you use?

Hardware firewall != Software firewall

They are good in their "OWN" ways. It's good to have both on your system. h/w firewalls for example won't know which "application" is generating the internet traffic.

bradybnmci said:
yeah, Honestly I would never put a freeware firewall on any server.

why? its done all the time, matter of fact, its probably the most common "firewall" in existence on the net

do you know what a firewall even is? Do you know what the most common firewall is? Do you understand how they work?

just curious

horndude said:
why? its done all the time, matter of fact, its probably the most common "firewall" in existence on the net

do you know what a firewall even is? Do you know what the most common firewall is? Do you understand how they work?

just curious

The networks I have admin'd and supported wouldn't be allowed to have a FREEWARE firewall. It would be shut down due to DoD policy !

Horndude : Don't talk to me like im some stupid kid. You know nothing of what I do and have done.

I don't work on some mom and pop small business networks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom