Dual-View Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
I just got my piece from newegg today, and both monitors work great. Although I have a problem.

A guy @ a recent LAN party I was at, was running dual-view. He had it setup where the taskbar and wallpaper would stay on one screen but yet he could drag windows to the other monitor.

Currently I can run a "CLONE" which is the exact same thing on both monitors...

A "horizontal span, which expands the taskbar across both and wallpaper across both, which does semi what I want I can drag windows back and forth but the taskbar is stretched and so is my wallpaper, I just want them to remain on one screen.

Or I can do a "Vertical Span" which is just straight up retarded.

I want to do it how the one guy had his setup. Any help would be excellent, I am using nVidia Desktop Manager. I Believe....... There has to be a way just to keep the wallpaper and taskbar on one but have the other view open for dragging windows too..... Ahhhhh!!!

dont use nvidia desktop manager

if you just want the taskbar on one screen use right click propterties settings, find your second monitor on the click down window, hit extend desktop on to this monitor. the taskbar would stay on one window, while you can expand your desktop to both monitors. but i dont get why you dont like using the taskbar, as it helps to look at the bottom to see what programs instead of one bunched up on one side of the moniotor

i use ultramon very good i say :D

Because, the other monitor is a 17" CRT, my primary is a 19" LCD and they sit a ways away from one another, it looks gayed... I'm just using the other view for keeping stuff open or to monitor stuff while I'm gaming or doing other crap. Its not a must, but I like having it.

Ok, I fixed it. After I rebooted for the first time with it, another option came up "DualView" go figure. Everything is perfect EXCEPT.!!! lol, how do I change the wallpaper on the 2nd display. Now they are both the same, and if I change one... they both change... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom