RAM Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

thayde1

Baseband Member
I installed the drivers for my Sapphire ATI Radeon x850xt PCI-Express x16 Video Card, but whenever the computer reboots to desktop or I try to open ATI Catalyst Control Center, I receive a CLI.exe - Application Error, saying "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but no luck. I went online and did some research and found that it may be a RAM issue. As of now, I have 3 x 512Mb DDR 333 PC 2700, and I've found out that thats not good to do cause it slows down performance. Two of the sticks are from my old DELL computer and one is an OCZ stick. Currently, I have one old DELL RAM in DIMM 1, the OCZ in DIMM 2, and the other old DELL RAM in DIMM 3. I decided to take one old DELL RAM out of DIMM 3 and leave the other two in, but then my comp would start up but with a black screen. I then just put both old DELL RAM in DIMM's 1 and 2 and the same thing happend. I installed the DIMM 3 back in and it worked fine. Why is this?

One of the Dell sticks is bad. If you put in just the OCZ stick will it boot? Do this: put in each single stick. The one that casues your puter not to boot is the bad stick. Round file it and buy some new RAM, it's curretnly dirt cheap for a gig or more!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom