Yay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Haha. Made the mistake of trying to modify a fan power connector on one of my older computers with METAL pliers with my computer LEFT ON.

I saw sparks, felt a little zap and my computer automatically turned off. However, I left it off for a few minutes, turned it back on, perfect.

Anyone know if my stupidity caused anything permanent I haven't noticed yet?

mine does that,.... if i cause a surge or something, it will turn off.. then I can turn it back on later...

I think it's just a safety thing(a timer or something) cause if I unplug the power completely, and plug it back in, it works right away

Mine did the exact same thing. It wouldn't turn on immediately after 'til I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

lol dam ur lucky with my crappy mobo (asus a8n-sli deluxe) im pritty sure my system would fry

It is a saftey device built into the PSU, anytime one sees a surge like that or a short it will cut power to all the componets ASAP to protect them. Most of the PSUs you buy now have these even the $20 ones and stock ones you buy in cases.

Haha. I usually have the nasty habit of messing with stuff while my computer is left on, usually 'cause I don't want to disturb my Bittorrent downloads or something like that.

I knew that the better PSU's protected components from surges, but mine's a cheap Codegen PSU, and I figured it'd fry everything anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom