sleeving your psu wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
How do you get the power connector off? along with some of the other random connectors... i know how to get the molex pin connectors and obviously the ones you can use a pin to push down and pull the pins out, but what about the others? how do companies do that stuff?

If all else fails, cut the leads, put on your sleeve, then place 50 millimetres of appropriately sized heat-shrink over each individual wire, solder them back together and protect the new joints with the heat-shrink. Job done.

Just a suggestion, I don't know if it would work. I haven't worked with heat-shrink tubing recently... But I'm planning to use it when I'll get my new components.

You should test it before actually try it: cut a slice on the lenght of the heat-shrink and place it around the wires (just like split-loom) and heat it afterward. I wonder if would it shrink appropriatly?

hrm,.. i still may give that a shot, you probably have to wrap it over itself enough and start burning in the middle where's it's overlapped..

I prefer "Split-Loom" over all. Ive tried several ways and keep returning to split-loom. (From Radio Shack... its about $6 for 10'... similar to a shop-vac hose, but smaller, and has a split all the way down the side)

It's safer from an electrical safety and heat dissipation stand point and you wont have to re-terminate any of your connectors.

hey i found some tools finally, all i have now is a pin remover tool for the molex connectors, at frozencpu.com i found one for the power connector and the 6 pin ones too i think, sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom