Computer starts but no monitor signal or usb signals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gonna try to boot in safe mode right now and will be back with an answer, and yes it was powered when the outage occured.

It could possibly just be a corruption of your OS.. If your HDD was spooling you could have lost information on it.

We should wait and see if your machine will access safemode.

Well I just started my comp up in safe mode and it opened fine. I tried to get onto the internet to post but it would not let me ( I don't know if this is a feature of safemode)

The first time I tried to boot up I was recieving long beeping sounds from what appeared to be my hard drive. After two restarts the beeping went away and I was able to boot in safemode. So now that I am there what should I do now?

yikes... Are you running xp ?

xp has safemode w/ networking.
You can temporaritly utilize this option for the time being.

Do you think your pops could send you the disk via mail or something ?

Yeah im runnin XP, I mean it's really not that big of a deal I make the drive from my moms to dads up to 5 times a week and it's about a 2 hour drive. I just had a few days planned out to stay and help my mom with a few things so the drive would take a day out of my highly imporant to do list other then play games. I am about to just run into town and just buy a new XP. My mom needs her own set anyways. And how do I turn on the networking in safemode?

Ok, thank you very much for all of your help, I am on my way into town to buy a new OS and will be back shortly with resluts. You guys are by far one of, if not the best tech forums around!

-Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom