Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its official. I have heard from my sources that Nov CTP will NOT be. They didnt want to release the buggy 5259 build so they just put it off totally for this month. They are working on either build 5262 or build 5265 at this time. It was not stated which build. They didnt want to give me that info. Grrr.... but anyways i hope that the Dec CTP will be out soon.
I have also heard that Beta 2 might actually be pushed back till Jan or Feb. That is not confirmed yet but it is being discussed.

Microsoft announced in a conference call on Tuesday that no Windows Vista CTP would be released for November, with the development focus shifting to a "quality based schedule, rather than a calendar date one." Instead, a December CTP will be issued before the Christmas holidays.

Amitabh Srivastava, who heads up Microsoft's Windows engineering efforts, explained that the company was endeavoring to finish the code for all Windows Vista features by the end of December, with a feature-complete build of Vista shipping "early next year."

Although Srivastava characterized the Vista development schedule as accelerated, he refused to comment on what the previous roadmap looked like. Officials would also not disclose what new features to expect in the December CTP build, but said many notable additions will have been made since the October CTP.

Well I suppose that is good news they finally have all the features included. That means everything we made it half way up hill and it's only working out the bugs now andn ot adding new stuff correct? Will this mean the return of the sidebar I've been waiting ages for that thing. The Beta1 tweak never worked for me.

I generally say you want to run above the specs but yeah you can "supposidly" run it without limatations. As for the set back I'm all for it if it makes the final product more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom