new graphics card or pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you're talking about the Athlon 64 setups... then yeah.

Acutally, if it were me, I'd keep the machine he has now and get the 6800GT video card, and be happy for 2 more years. It may not have that 'new computer' feeling, but it's cost effective and will get the job done, for way cheaper.

Ryan

This is what I came up with

123.jpg

What is the difference between the $130 DFI lanparty mobo and the $200 DFI Lanparty mobo?

How important is the L1 and L2 cache for gaming?

What is the difference between buffered and unbuffered memory?

Also I want the cheapest graphics card that will run bf2 on low settings until I can afford a 6800 or 7800, any suggestions

Thanks for all your help:cool:

The $130 Lanparty Ultra-D is the one with a SINGLE PCIex16 slot. The one you chose runs in SLI (which means you have two video cards running for increased performance. Waste of cash, but still an option)

Basically, don't worry about the L2 cache or anything. The companies give the processor enough Cache to do the job.

Buffered memory is for servers....

I suggest maybe what I have for your video card till you can save up. I have the regular x700 128mb. It works fina nd I can run CoD2 and other cool games no problem.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan:cool:

I want to hook my Emachine up to my new PC to play games on (non dedicated server) doses this mean I should get the buffered memory?

My Emachine came with a copy of windows XP, can I use this in my new computer?

Are theses parts any good?

Would you guys do anything different?

no, it's still a PC. just because it's on a network doesn't mean it's a "server" machine. Regular memory is fine.

As far as XP goes, head to the OS forum. I'm bad at that stuff.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
The $130 Lanparty Ultra-D is the one with a SINGLE PCIex16 slot.
no, it has 2. the only difference is the SLI-D and SLI-DR are more optimised for SLI. the Ultra-D does support SLI.

I'd recommend you get the Ultra-D, and go for a 7800 GT by eVGA

Thanks again Ryan:cool:

What do you think of the parts I picked? Are they any good? Are they compatable?

me2me, What is wrong with Emachine? My Emachine has never let me down:D

apokalipse, Your post wasn't showing untill know....

I want to run SLI in the future, If I get the Ultra-D, will I regret it later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom