Raid 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mix two different drives together. It will work (the speed of slowest) but failure will come easy.

Its easy to install once you know what you're doing.

whatever you do, do NOT use a software-based RAID. only use a hardware RAID.
and you will need to format the 2 drives as one drive once you set it up, so yes you will need to back up your stuff.

would that mean i have to reinstall windows again, ah crap no cd key LOL. but i used corporoate edition that doesnt need activation so can i use that cd key again O_O

Actually, you can put in a RAID array and use your old HD as a secondary. I read an article about it in a Computer Shopper a while back. I think it was June 2004 issue.

Matbe you can get the back issue... or I might send you a copy of the article... Let me know when you get your other Seagate.

They used Data Lifegaurd Tools (that came with a Raptor drive) to migrate everything from the old drive to the RAIDed ones.

well the problem is i dont have the raided ones cause the old one is beign apart of the raided ones lol.

so can i use that cd key again

Yes.

well the problem is i dont have the raided ones cause the old one is beign apart of the raided ones lol.

Does that translate into that you plan on using your current HD as part of the array? Sounds like you need to do some major back ups. Or borrow a HD to copy everything to until you get the array up and running...

yeah so i have one hdd

im buying an exact same one

i have 2 hdds, one has all the crap on it

one has nothing on it, not formatted or squat

i want to put these two hdds in raid

how do i do it :D maybe i should just freakin buy another hdd for 52 bucks

You have to back up everything on the old HD. (you'll loose everything since you need to reformat)
Reinstall Windows and format the array.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom