Do you like dell PC's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet it's "Ste" that doesn't recommend it right?

That's the PSU I've got...had it for a year now....rails are rock solid and this is through testing them with a multimeter not relying on software.

I'm running a 3200+ Venice OC'd
6800GT OC'd
1gb of RAM
3 HD's
2 Optical Drives
Pump for watercooling
Various fans, fan controller, etc..etc..

at full load the +12v is at 12.03 and doesn't flinch.

So I don't know why people say it's bad. Most of those people are basing it off of someone elses senseless report.

Alright then, I feel much better and thanl you alot nubius because I am looking for somewhat the same set-up I am just about %50 done with mine, do you mind looking at my water cooling question few threads below? Do you also suffer from some random restarts, Nubius?

Do you also suffer from some random restarts, Nubius?
nope..

Your questions should be able to be answered by the watercooling sticky dude.

T-line...hell it's one of those things so simple I can't even put it into words.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/25117374143.jpg&s=x4

The thing going straight up is my T-line....why...cause it looks like a 'T'....it's so you dont need a reservoir.

Accelator nozzle = instead of water just going through the tube..the part right before it enters the block is a tiny hole...so it's like putting your thumb over the end of a hose...it makes the water shoot more chaotically letting more 'molecules of water' transfer heat.......sorry I put it in here, but I'm lazy and would rather answer both questions at once.

Funny how theres a vote for bad and not a reason why.

Good stuff

People Always seem to say, "Good PSU or Bad PSU" and just base it on the brand name. The fact is there are some PSU's from more popular companies that simply suck. And there are some PSU's from no name or less popular companies that are solid as a rock.

You've gotta look at efficiency and stability of the rails. Then you look at the overall MAX output or wattage. Finally you determine what features a PSU has that will satisfy your PC's needs.
EXAMPLE: 20pin, 24 pin, P4, P8, PCI Express, SATA, Active Fault Correction, Passive Fault Correction, Cooling... etc...

I've got a PCP&C Turbo Cool 425w that was actually made for a Dell PC. But since I rebuilt i've been using it ever since... Over 2 years now. I've got more stuff crammed into my TT Shark case then I could ever imagine a PSU of this size could handle... Never had a random restart and rails are solid. It is a little bit loud and gives off a lot of heat, but that's due to the 70% efficiency... It might even be lower.

Tomshardware did a serious 24 Hour PSU Stress test on like 15 PSU's. Two of the ones that came out on top were pretty much no name, unpopular companies... (Seasonic & Fortron) they actually outperformed PCP&C, Antec and OCZ...

lol - i know "nubius" hates Tomshardware... But it's a good read anyway...
http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/200507111/

well...Tomshardware might give you a decent generalization to base something off of, if you absolutely don't know anything else, however too many people link from that sight as if it's the Ten Commandments and it's the word of god or something and that's what I tend to dislike...especially with video cards and such

Yeah, you're right. It seems a bit corrupt with all of the advertisments on their pages. It's practically like, advertise on your site for whatever we want to charge you. Then we'll review your products and give them a great review. People will buy your product because we said it's good.

Then you've got newegg.com that has a AD on every single page that's like, HEY... BIG BOY, you know you wanna buy that "X-Product" that Toms Hardware says is the best on the planet.

Or something like that.

well beyond that newegg has planted reviews.

Oh look anonymous just said newegg had the best deal and it made his machine sooo much faster and now he's got a big breasted girlfriend and lots of cash....THANKS NEWEGG!!

+3.3V@30A,+5V@40A,-5V@0.5A,+12V@22A,-12V@1.0A,+5VSB@2.0A

dont you want over 35A on the +12V? or am i mistaken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom