Viewsonic VG175 17" LCD Giving me troubles!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chupicabra28

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I have a viewsonic 17" VG175 LCD that is giving me a major headache!!

When I start up my computer basically it flickers massively horrizontally with hundreds of lines and kinda snows for about an hour before finally it synchs or something and then looks great. I have tried taking the monitor off this computer and trying it on one other computer I have access to and it does the same exact thing. I have tried updating the bios on my mother board, I have tried another video card, same problem, nothing seems to help.

I think the monitor is dying but I am unsure as to what to do, do you think it would be worthwhile to get it repaired as these things are pretty expensive (cheapest I could find it for on pricewatch.com was $700 Ouch) or use the piddly $400 I have to get a new monitor.

I bought this monitor used on ebay from a day trader in chicago for $340 who said he barely used it. It has had this problem since the beginning, I tried to get tech support for the monitor as technically it was still under warranty, but it turns out it was bought refurbished by him which he failed to mention on his auction! Anyway I confronted him over this and he said he would be willing to pay half for the repairs and what did I expect out of a used monitor, well I was going to sue and all this bunk, but in the end I kinda got side tracked at work and now I am stuck with this thing.

Mainly I need a monitor with good eye relief something that I can look at for hours on end without eyestrain, and up until recently this was the one!

Well any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom