looking to over clock 2.8 ghz dual core to 3.0 ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
hey i have never overclocked anything in my life and i have a dell XPS system with a 2.8 ghz dual core proccessor i was wondering if there is any way to overclock it to 3.0ghz without overheading it or messing up the computer.

thanx.

You can't overclock that computer because it's a Dell. They make custom motherboards for their PC's and they lock the bios and give no overclocking options whatsoever. They do this so you don't overclock the CPU to the max and fry the thing so Dell doesn't have to replace the CPU.

reggie_da_man said:
You can't overclock that computer because it's a Dell. They make custom motherboards for their PC's and they lock the bios and give no overclocking options whatsoever. They do this so you don't overclock the CPU to the max and fry the thing so Dell doesn't have to replace the CPU.
Yep. Pretty dumb if you ask me. They could just give overclocking options, make the BIOS keep track of whether you ever use them, and put in the warranty that they won't replace processors that have been overclocked. Or they'll sell you a new one for three times the market price. When my GeForce 4 Ti 4600 died under a broken fan, they wanted $409 for a Radeon 9700 Pro! And this was summer 2005! Well, at least the lady was kind enough to assure me that it was a "top-of-the-line" card. :rolleyes:

ilovesocks said:
When my GeForce 4 Ti 4600 died under a broken fan, they wanted $409 for a Radeon 9700 Pro! And this was summer 2005! Well, at least the lady was kind enough to assure me that it was a "top-of-the-line" card. :rolleyes:

LMFAO!!! Radeon 9700 pro real "top of the line card. I got another Dell story. My memory died and My dad called the support and the wanted 250$ for a pc2100 256mb LOL

mf

WTF are you talking about?!?!? Lol. There is a $120 price difference between those two cards. Also usually name brand companies are way more expensive then buying a custom made pc or even just buying parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom