internet explorer (instances)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohit123

Solid State Member
when ever i open internet explorer
two instances are opening

i installed service pack 1 ( windows XP)
then it started working fine

now when i am opening ie, first window it doesnt work it just hangs up

the second time i open (leaving first window like that), it works fine

can any one suggest a solution

ie : ( ie 6.0 sp1)

thanks

Adaware

I hate it when people answer a software question with "Use this software instead." That's just a lazy way of solving a problem. Although I do agree that Firefox and Opera are lightyears ahead of IE there are a few things you can do to try and solve this problem.

First thing you can try is running LavaSoft's Ad-Aware (or similar product) to see if you have been affected by adware.

Next, try upgrading IE. You may have corrupt files in IE and upgrading to the latest version can fix that.

Re: Adaware

JimJenkins said:
I hate it when people answer a software question with "Use this software instead." That's just a lazy way of solving a problem. Although I do agree that Firefox and Opera are lightyears ahead of IE there are a few things you can do to try and solve this problem.

First thing you can try is running LavaSoft's Ad-Aware (or similar product) to see if you have been affected by adware.

Next, try upgrading IE. You may have corrupt files in IE and upgrading to the latest version can fix that.

Agreed 100%. FF is a workaround for 95% of people on here becasue they cant fix a problem

You are just fine running IE. They have holes and long as hackers and exploiting them, if there were no hackers, there be no holes, simple as that. FF is just a work-around for most people since presently, hackers target IE since it the most popular, but now they are starting to turn on FF. People that use IE and have problems with it that dont know how to fix it, use FF. If you take care of your system, IE will be just fine. Its just like the Camry, its the most stolen car in the US, atleast it was, so I guess that make the Corolla more safe to but just because theifs like to steal Camry's....

wow that is a very odd problem. if it was me i would start from scratch and install service pack2.

do a format and clean install of windows.

but if you don't want to do that i would try some virus scans or try another browser.

thanku all
i have mozilla firefox installed previously
but i am eager know the problem with ie

i tried installing XP SP-2
but d problem persists

have you tried reinstalling IE itself ??

download IE6 SP1 from the microsoft website and see if that fixes your problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom