Startup disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashar

Banned
can someone give me a step by step instruction on how to copy the OS on the startup disk to my computer? i'm running on 98.

well i'm pretty sure an OS can't fit on a floppy disk :p
I think what you mean is copy the OS from the CD-ROM onto your hard drive so you don't have to insert the CD-ROM everytime you install a new device. If that is what you want to do:
1) Put the CD-ROM in your CD-ROM drive
2) Right click My Computer and click "Explore"
3) Expand your CD-ROM drive and locate the "Win98" folder
4) Right click the "WIN98" folder and click "COPY"
5) Expand your C: drive
6) Right click an empty space in the window and click "Paste"

Whenever most people do this, they rename the folder to "CABS", you can do this, but its not necessary. Next time you are prompted for the Windows 98 CD-ROM point the location to C:\Win98

see i made a startup disk for one of my computers. the problem is i can't go to win98 so i want to load the startup disk onto the computer so i can actually run the OS win98. what i'm askin for help is how to copy whats on the disk onto the computer.

AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA solved the problem myself............. i am a gineous............hehehe

no see what i was tryin to do the whole time was to run fdisk.exe or format.exe and stuff like that.... all i had to do was put in the win98 SE cd in and i ran it in dos. then i typed E:/ (my cd drive) and then i ran "setup.exe" it was real simple and i kicked my own ass for being such a newb.

You should as fdisk and format are on a system floppy disk.setup is what you do after you fdisk,format and get cdrom support.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom