First time poster here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamthebull

Beta member
Hola guys. First time posting here. Goin to school in a Computer Tech program, and gamer nerd, looking to build a new box within the next 2-3 months, so what would everyone reccomend within the 1500-2000 dollar range? Also I lean more towards AMD, so...start shootin off ideas folks. Also thanks for havin me here.

eVGA 7800GT (the $349 one)
Opteron 170 dual core
dfi lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-d
pcp&c turbo-cool 510 sli/express psu
soundblaster x-fi xtrememusic
lian-li pc-65b case

Welcome to TF.

You can go two routes, a dual core system, or a 64bit single core system. Then you have to decide if you want two video cards or just one. Once you figure that out the process gets easier.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
Welcome to TF.

You can go two routes, a dual core system, or a 64bit single core system. Then you have to decide if you want two video cards or just one. Once you figure that out the process gets easier.

Honestly I'm still curious as to what the read differences between the dual core and 64bit single core systems are. If anyone can clue me in that would be awesome.

Also I know I can use the search function, would rather have my own thread asking, thanks.

Alright, the difference between dual core and single core is simple.

The AMD 64 3200+ is a single core cpu. (one processor to do all the processing of data) THe AMD X2 is a dual core processor, that means it is once chip, but it has two cores, or two processors on one chip, where it can do two processes at once, rather than one. It is expensive, but is great solution.

I hope that helps.

Welcome ta tf :)

Dual core really just means it runs faster.... a good sorta example is here, again i pulled it from static_11's guide, but hey, it's well explained. At least it made sense to me :rolleyes:

~"What is Dual Core?"
Think of dual core like this. There is a pile of bricks. The dual core would have 2 "people" working to move the bricks where they needed to be moved as where a single core would have 1 "person" moving them. Therefore, the dualcore would obvisouly get it done faster.

Looks along the same lines as dual channeling, only in a cpu. Dividing up the workload so it gets done faster. w00t.

Camden said:
Welcome ta tf :)

Dual core really just means it runs faster.... a good sorta example is here, again i pulled it from static_11's guide, but hey, it's well explained. At least it made sense to me :rolleyes:

YAY :D:D lol (you said again... when else did you use it? lol im curious :D)

i suggest NOT using two video cards and get some nice Corsair or OCZ ram :D

Iamthebull said:
Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm learning something new everyday.

Glad we can be of some help. Browsing other threads on TF will help you learn what you need to build and buy a computer. Also feel free to ask any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom