Best agp video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok right now I have a pretty crappy system. I have a p4 2.8ghz, which im hopping to overclock to 3.0 ghz or 3.2ghz. I also have 1gb ram which is 2 x512mb sticks. Bad part is ones pc3200 and the other is pc2700. Also my motherboard doesnt support dual channel. I have a ecs pm-800e mobo. Can anyone tell me what video card that would play games good on decent settings for 1 more year. Oh yeah and agp plz.

I would agree with the above post, however, it is very hard to find a brand new 6800gt. Newegg doesnt carry them any more, and few other online retailers have agp versions of the 6800gt. You would have to buy used or look on ebay.

If you cant get a 6800gt, then grab a 6600gt. Still a great cards for games, but you wont get the same performace from a 6800gt.

Yea, next to impossible to find one. I think TigerDirect has one for $550... :)

Better off getting a new motherboard...

Do what I did and get a new motherboard and a 7800GT. Its a mistake for Nvidia to stop producing 6 series cards in AGP, but they have done it, so you are stuck having to upgrade your motherboard. Maybe get one thats SLI compatable so you can add a second 7800GT when you need it.

thats what im doing :)

throwing out my 9800pro and my MSI mobo and getting a DFI and a 7800GT :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom