Overclocking Results/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a XFX nvidia 6200 agp 256mb. I wasnt exactly sure what artifacts were, so i guess those flickers and stuff is whats called artifacts? when i OCed with rivatuner, it locked up like it did when i used the nvidia tool. :mad:

Well since you have a XFX you won't yield very high overclocks. Reason being they use cheap parts that barley run at stock speed, that's why their cards are considerably cheaper. You have to downclock your card slightly to get it running properly, if you'd like to go any further you might want to consider better cooling, to replace the stock heatsink and fan. Some else can reccomend a good cooler because I can't think of one of the top of my head...sorry but I sure hope that helps!

EDIT: I think that this one will work on your video card.

I noticed that the heatsink is held on by little clips that go through the circuit board, theyre like little anchor thingys that go thru then spread apart so it cant get pulled out, and its made of plastic. no i would probably have to break them off and use the hardware with w.e heatsink/fankit right?

If your card is anything like this one then all you have to do is pinch the little plastic holders on the back of the card and the heatsink should pop right off

check it outhttp://www.easy-sharing.com/122201/6200.jpg.html

(the link is in the middle of the page)

ya its like that, jus the body of the card is as wide as the metal mount.

anyways back on topic, i need to OC my vid card. idle temp is 40 degress. and everytime i oc it freezes rigfht after i apply the settings. :(

Try raising the core clock speed and the memory in small steps until it becomes unstable, like I said earlier you won't be able to overclock that much with your video card becuase it's an XFX.

okay thanks, ill update with my results, when i get a chance to try, should i use the rivatuner or nvidia tool? im thinking rivatuner right?

Yea go ahead with Rivatuner, you can even try both... I doubt that there's going to be much of a difference

well it looks like you card is a shitty oc'er

I was able to raise the speeds on my 7800gt by 110mhz on core and 180mhz on mem

so it really dpends on the brand card it is
my personal favorites are eVGA and bfg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom