soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhagerty

Beta member
Could someone please recommend a very inexpensive soundcard that will allow me to go out of the card to a Dolby Home theater for 5.1 sound? Thanks.

I have the Audigy ZS 2 and its great..not sure how expensive it is but im sure you could get it for around $60-70 online somewhere

If you can, get an X-Fi XtremeMusic from newegg for $117, and if that's to expensive, get an OEM Audigy2 ZS from newegg for $70. But only get the audigy2 if you absolutely have to, the x-fi is a HUGE improvement over it.

It will slightly increase performance.

The Fatality and Pro have X ram which will store all the audio memory.

lazerman said:
Not to steal a thread or anything, but is the X-Fi of which you two speak?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102188

If so, will it improve gaming performance since my CPU will no longer have to aid the onboard audio?

Yeah that is the card I mentioned. It is a popular card, and i bet newegg will have more soon.

turtile said:
It will slightly increase performance.

The Fatality and Pro have X ram which will store all the audio memory.

This is true, but for those who are on a budget, I wouldnÂ’t recommend it. The only instance I would recommend it is if you are building a new pc and want it to be as future proof as you can get a pc, or are upgrading to this card, and donÂ’t want to upgrade for some time. It retails at 270USD. It is a tad pricey, but then again some buy 400$ + video cards.

I recommend this X-FI over onboard audio; it is just greatly superior to any onboard sound.

I just ordered an XtremeMusic yesterday after I found out that my Audigy 2 ZS doesn't like microphones for some reason. If you use a microphone for talking during games, I wouldn't recommend the 2 ZS. Do some googling and check the Creative forums for more information on the microphone thing. The Audigy 2 ZS will be shipped back tomorrow. I hope the X-Fi lives up to the hype...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom