Criticize My PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
lazerman said:
Well it isn't an uber laser light show, I would just like to keep the blue theme. Plus my PSU right now has a bunch of blue led's on the fans, which is where most of the blue light inside my case originates.
Good ones and ones that look cool are over your budget.

Yea, Aspire is all flash and crappy performance.

They make good ones ofcourse, but I wouldn't risk my system for some flashy crap that I'll barely ever see.

Flanker said:
They make good ones ofcourse, but I wouldn't risk my system for some flashy crap that I'll barely ever see.
I wouldn't buy it even if it were the quality of PCP&C, I personally think that all those cases shaped like aliens and have monsters painted all over them and have flashing lights are all ghey, I avoid anything with out of the ordinary colors or lights. I don't get anything with lights at all.

It has a weak 12v rail does it not (the OCZ PSU)?

My pc looks inconspicuos from the front, but I have a window in the side that I like to peer through to see the lovely pc components bathing in the UV and blue light.

I can't say this PSU has crappy performance, it hasn't let me down, and I am at 1.9vcore on my XP-M... It has been very stable, I am just concerned about when I get my Opteron, 6800GS, and DDR600

Also, the Antec has horrible cable management!

I seriously wouldn't worry. I seriously don't understand why people choose to say aspire is an unreliable brand, so this just MUST be a bad powersupply.
I just ordered the same one; my brother has it and he loves it. He's running an amd 3500 and a 7800gt easily, no problems.
I personally wouldn't worry, but if people who are telling you to get powersupplys that are almost equivelent to your aspire 520w scare you or something, be my guest to go with a new one. Just know the money could have been better spent lol

I have decided to get the WD 36GB Raptor.... I think I will gain more from that than a PSU. Thanks for the help everyone.

Lol that's exactly what I'm talking about, just because other products that the brand carries or similar brands carry doesn't mean a specific product by them is going to be bad.
Oh well, it's how most people think anywho. I'll be able to see for myself in a couple of days if te aspire 520w was a good choice for me.

edit; to the post two above mine :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom