I'll use Intel today, no wait, I'll use AMD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
$50 for a SIMA card is a bit high. you can often get a new motherboard for that. not a great one, but then again neither is this one....

But then you wouldnt' be able to use the other parts of your computer, video card, hard drive, disc drives, etc. if you got another separate motherboard. That's why this one is more convenient, if you're into that kind of thing, hehehe.

apokalipse said:
why wouldn't you be able to use your other parts?

as long as you get the right type (PCI-E/AGP, SATA/IDE)

Well you could, but you'd have to switch them out constantly, which would take a lot of time, with this mobo, you dont' have to switch out the hdd, video card, cd drives, etc.

Warez Monster said:
They say it works well but it has piss-poor performance compared to other chipsets

Godly concept, flawed design. I can imagine this'll go far once (if ever) they manage to work all the bugs and shortcomings out.

I'd get it if I were just a rich bastard with too much money on my hands....I'd never get it as a practical application.

I really don't see the point of doing that....if you have an intel or AMD and want to go to the other platform then you should just make a full on switch, not waste money with a board like that.

There will always be a product that offers the best of both worlds, but it always comes with a price.

I don't see a practical applications for it, as nubius said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom