Windows Going INCREDIBLY Slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EricB said:
I'm telling you it's the nvidia drivers. things like the sw ide dirvers which suppose to stop the bottlenecking of data. if you reformat with an xp sp2 disc when it's done you probably only need to install only the audio and network drivers in device manager. it will boot faster like this, but as soon as you install the other nvidia drivers (chipset), you will have to put up with the million year boot up.

I have this experience on 4 mobo's in the past years. An Asus AV8, asus 7nx8 (some like that), abit AN8 and my new dfi NF4-DAGF board

Thanks you are most likely right, but I took it to a local computer shop, I don't have an xp sp2 disc. So what exactly was the problem, just the chipset drivers or the ide drivers?

yah i know i just got so pissed off at the computer i wanted someone else to do it lol

ncraig said:
Thanks you are most likely right, but I took it to a local computer shop, I don't have an xp sp2 disc. So what exactly was the problem, just the chipset drivers or the ide drivers?

I suspect it is a little of both the chipset drivers or the ide drivers from the cd or nvidia's website. your computer will be faster without installling the sw ide driver (you have the option to not install it), but it still seems to slow up a little bit with just the chipset drivers.

xp sp2 will install it own chipset drivers, you might lose a feature or two such as gigabit networking, but then again you probably don't have a gigabit network installed (I do, so I use the drivers).

this is more info

NVIDIA IDE SW Driver Information
---------------------------------
The NVIDIA IDE SW driver replaces the ATA drivers (that come with Windows)
with drivers that are optimized for nForce2/nForce3/nForce4-based desktop computers.

The NVIDIA IDE SW driver reduces the storage sub-system bottleneck, enabling
the processor and other system level hardware to be more productive and
efficient.

Installation of the NVIDIA IDE SW Driver is required to enable the NVIDIA RAID
solution. If you are installing NVIDIA RAID into a NEW Windows Operating
System, a floppy disk with the NVIDIA IDE Drivers must be created to enable
installation of NVIDIA RAID.

In most cases, the NVIDIA IDE SW driver is not a requirement for your operating
system to work properly.

So I got word back, they can not find anything wrong with it, they don't know why its slow in windows. They say that running different OSs it runs fine, but windows is a problem. Each time it says 100% computer use, and they can not find any hardware issues.

wow they tell me to pick it up, and they did not fix it, they dont have a PCI Express MoBo to test it with cause i have 939, this is crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom