Drive erased!! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydiker

Beta member
I installed a glidden paint cd. Where you can pick out paint colors for your house etc.. I installed it on my slave drive(D). I keep all my music and pictures on this drive, and thats about it. I decided to uninstall this painting program. I went to add/remove programs. I removed the program, i believe it was color@home. It took a while to uninstall, which was unusual. when it was done. Everything on the drive was gone. all pictures and music around 10gb's total. everything we had. I havent backed it up in a while either. Im lost and freaked out. Tried system restore, didnt work. The computer is now at a computer techs shop. Is there a way to retrieve the lost pictures and music?

Please help.

Thank you
Mike

Yes .. U could recover the data ... U can use Data Recovery tools like Easy recovery Pro ..

Don't do anything on the drive (i.e., overwriting anything), and get Undelete (the paid version) which can restore permanently deleted files.

what would constitute overwriting?

Would that be just putting things on the drive? I attempted system restore. would that affect anything?

thanks
Mike

I can't beleive what i'm reading.Are you really sure that uninstalling can do this ? System restore only takes you back to what you installed.Can you go back before Glidden ?

Yes .. stan .. sounds scary .. but this happened to me too ... I was unistalling some game .. n' it wiped out like 14Gb from my drive

Fortunately i was able to recover most of it .. I guess this is 'bcoz of a sad n' f**ked up uninstallers

i feel sorry for you guys. i use total commander's "synchronise dir's" feature to mirror & update an entire partition to another computer. Deep Freeze can prevent these types of data loss also.

i don't see why you would install an application on a second drive where you have all your personal files in the first place. it's recommended next time when you have two drives or partitions, use one for system and program files and the other one for data and backups. it's dangerous in every way to install programss in the same drive as your critical personal data! i learned that the hard way.

I agree to that... there another reason to do that...create a primary partition thats small enough like 5-7gigs and your system would always be fast..... store the data on the other partition-- keeps it safe too.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom