Looking for a Ocing 754 mobo w/ pcie

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalk4

In Runtime
Like the title says,

I want to upgrade from my Asus k8n agp and get a 754 mobo with PCIe so that I can get the 6800gs/7800gt/gs and want to be able to overclock them pretty good. I have a 3700+ clawhammer with a zalman 9500 on the way to cool the CPU.

I don't necessarily want to get an SLI board, although it doesn't seem like a bad idea, I was just looking moreso for a good PCIe 754 board. Also I have heard ver little about Epox, I know DFI makes a board that can be OCed and is 754 but there is only one review of it on newegg.

royalk4 said:
I know DFI makes a board that can be OCed and is 754 but there is only one review of it on newegg.

General consensus seems to be that DFI is a very good oc'er. Can't go wrong with it, imo.

Ok so I think I am going to upgrade to the DFI and the eVGA 6800gs

DFI

6800gs

and get rid of my agp 6800 OC 128. Do you guys think I will notice a significant difference?

Or if I am gonna be spending a couple hundred of dollars should I just sell the 3700 and the board and make the move up to 939 with something like the DFI ultraparty and the 3200 and maybe another gig of ram and the 6800gs. I figure this upgrade would cost about 400-500 hundred and I imagine I could get like 200-220 for the 3700+ and the Asus Board

ALso I had a quick question I was looking at the 3500+ 939 and noticed newegg has 2 one is E6 and the other doesn't say anything anyone know what that means?

anyone has any recommendation as to whether I should upgrade the whole system to 939 or just get a new mobo and 6800gs. I plan on upgrading in about 1 year, but am unsure whether to do a basic upgrade now and then more later or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom