3200 compared to 3700...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Ok, is a 939 3200+ Venice, better than a 3700+ 754, ClawHammer? I have the 3200+ and its clocked to 2.5, but I'm wondering because my bud thinks that a 3700 is better???

i dunno. u telll me IS IT !!?@?@?@??@?@

Venice at 2.5GHz will easily outperform a 754 package 3700+...furthermore AMD64s are very efficent at using cache size therefore unless you're dealing with applications in which you're accessing the same data over and over again, cache size will not play a significant role in performance

His 3700+ beats yours Im sorry to inform, it has 1Mb L2 cache which gives improved performance.

check out the benchmarks:

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/200..._charts-23.html

you`ll see it out performs the 3200+ venice core
Mmmmkay, if you were paying attention that chart you linked is for Socket 939...........his friend has socket 754.

Beyond that with his Venice clocked up at 2.5GHz even if it was the socket 939 it'd overthrow that 3700+ regardless of any extra cache.

baronvongogo said:
**** i hate being wrong i`ll go and do naughty things in a corner till i grow public hair

LMFAO, I knew I was right, but he didn't believe me and now tomorrow in school I can show him this thread. :) Thnx M8's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom