Power supplies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobzor

Baseband Member
How can I tell if my stock powersupply will have enough plugs to hook up a 7800GT?
What's a good one on newegg that's affordable?

I think most new PSU`s have PCI express connectors instead of using the molex ones. So go with an antec truepower ,tagan or enermax. My PSU is antec truepower 550 watts and has a special connector for PCI express cards, although I dont use it as my graphics card came with a molex adaptor dont no if theres much difference in using either.

noobzor said:
How can I tell if my stock powersupply will have enough plugs to hook up a 7800GT?
What's a good one on newegg that's affordable?

I am always highly suspicious of stock power supplies. I like baronvongogo's PSU because it is the one I am going to use in my new build. What is affordable for you?

hmm It might be its an antec case so it`ll come with an antec PSU I think which is good. And its new so should have all the connectors for a 7800GT even if it doesnt you can buy power cables and PCI express molex connectors.

A system with a 7800gt would probably need more than a mere 350 watts; that's the wattage suggested for low-end systems =/. A good psu's more important than a good gfx card, in a lot of opinions. If you're gonna spend the money to get a dang good gfx card, at least protect your investment with a sufficient psu ~_~. It'll be worth it to pony up for at least a 400 or 450w psu.
I run THIS , and it works fine and it's not too much of a budget breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom