Top of the line computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always wait a little bit for the new M2 socket to come out Q2 of next year. By then a new gen of graphics cards should either be out or soon be out. So in Q2 of next year, you could build an M2 computer with a good dual core processer with DDR2 memory and a next gen video card. But that means you would have to put off building for awhile, and you prob want your computer soon. I would suggest the computer in my sig......With 3600 though you might wanna upgrade to an x2 4400+, if you prefer nVidia then a 7800gtx 512, if you want crossfire or SLI then get the crossfire or SLI version of the Lanparty although I am not a fan of having 2 cards and would recommend just upgrading in the future and selling your old card on ebay, if you want more power get the pc power 850w, if you don't like Thermaltake armor then get any case that you do like. If you decide to go watercooling then check up with Nubius' sticky in the overclocking and pc modding part of the forums. You could also add 2 raptors in raid 0 for faster loading times. All I can think of, good luck on your new pc.

Edit:Seen some of the new benchmarks, and with your budget you should go with the 7800gtx 512 for 750 bucks although I don't know how much overclocking headroom it has just in case you would want to someday.

What about DDR2? You can get it up to PC6400. Or is the Intel specific.

If it is then he should be able to get PC4400. No?????????

I agree with spending more money (though maybe not quite $600 :D ) on games .. even a $3600 pc is going to be almost obsolete in a few years unless you upgrade it. I'd say spend maybe $2000 max on the computer, spend a couple hundred on some games and frills (i.e. water cooling, lights, etc.), and save the rest. After all, a huge part of building a computer is building it and being proud of the result. Most of the fun I've had with my computer, honestly, was putting it together, cutting it up, putting on custom heatsinks, making the wiring tidy, etc. In fact the only game I've played on my comp is HL2, which I beat and uninstalled last week. What's the extra $1600 on two videocards and the fastest CPU in the world going to get you? An few dozen extra frames per second in today's games? That rig might be totally incompatible with the games that come out in a few years.

RockyZ said:
I guess the reason they asked is because if you are going to OC, you might want to get a nice case like Lian Li(better airflow), and a MSI/DFI motherboard because they are good for ocing.

exactly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom