Daemon Poster
hey every one
iam ready to order the parts for my new pc
use:3d modeling/gaming
budget:$1000-1300 max
----------------
specs
--------------
cpu:AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4400CDBOX-$497

ram:CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory -$69

motherboard:ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard-$163

videocard:eVGA 256-P2-N515-AX Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Desktop PC-$319

harddrive:seagate barracuda ultra ata/100 8mb cache 7200rpm-$35

DVD writer:NEC Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner - OEM -$40

power supply:Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550 EPS12V ATX12V 550W Power Supply-$90

case: Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Computer Case (Black)-$115 or
MGE X-Case - Black $84.99
my quations is...
1)are all the parts compatable with each other?
2)did i miss somehting or are those all the parts that i need?
3)should i go with the cpu that i picked or should i go with opteron?
3)which case should i go with?do i need any extra fans?
4)do i need that much power 550w or should i go with something less?
5)i read this thread
http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79791
which made me recosider sli...what do you ?would it be better for my build?
6)lastly what do you think of my build?do you think i would have any problems upgrading later?
thanks

1.Yes.
2.No more parts needed.
3.If you are OCking yes.
3(b).Preferably a Antec, and 3 fans is recommended if OCing.
4.550w is fine.
5.Depends what you are using it for. If you are not using it for lots of gaming then it is not essential.
6.No probs with upgrading later. 1GB of RAM would be your next upgrade i think.

1)yes
2)sound card.. but thats optional...
3)opteron if your overclocking.. if not, go wiht yours
4)the bigger the better.. good psu
5) read the link in my sig and find sli on there somewhere
6) doubt it.. i have the same case, its very roomy and what not, just be sure to pull out the harddrive bay to get to all the wires they hide back their.. lol, i had to get them out the hardway THEN i realize that i could have just taken the bay out easily

why should i go with opteron if iam overclocking..whats wrong with overclocking the 4400?

zenyora said:
why should i go with opteron if iam overclocking..whats wrong with overclocking the 4400?

Save more money for same exact performance (or greater)

RockyZ said:
Save more money for same exact performance (or greater)
but i thought the 4400+ is better than opteron so how come you get the same performance by overcloking..i mean you would assume that the 4400 overclocks better...
by the way how is my ram with overclocking , i heard some bad things about the value type?if i stick with those for now and buy better gig later will the old ones effect overclocking?

Static_11 said:

6) doubt it.. i have the same case, its very roomy and what not, just be sure to pull out the harddrive bay to get to all the wires they hide back their.. lol, i had to get them out the hardway THEN i realize that i could have just taken the bay out easily
what case are you talking about

i was checking some of the boxx workstation and realized that for the price of the dual core that i picked i can go dual processors with something like opteron 246 or 244..what do you think..should i go that way or saty with the one that i picked (4400+)

holy crap dude.. learn to edit and not post ten things in a row.. im talking about the tsunami, valueselect does overclock like crap, AND FINALLY the opteron overclocks alot higher than any other core out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom