processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a budget?

This is probably the cheapest I'd go for a mobo... it's at least an msi, which i'd take out the extra $20 or so to get a brand new over a refurbished giga mobo.

both of those mobos are 184 pin so it'd fit, but your gigabyte mobo doesn't seem to support dual channeling, so having 2x 1gig sticks would hardly be beneficial :(

Also unless you plan to overclock, maybe try for some corsair value select instead. They work fine, but you'd save a got bit of $$

How much do you run that you need 4 gigs of ram? (note ram is completely different from storage memory.... the most ram most systems need is 2x512 mb)

both mobos have a 4gig ram capacity.

if you want hyperthreading, at least get it with a mobo that can support dual channeling along with it ^_~. Hyperthreading allows you to "multitask faster and more clearly"....... I haven't seen hyperthreading firsthand, only heard/read, though my own intel and my own dual channel setup can multitask as quickly and as smoothly as I'll ever need.

im only gonna run 2 gb but i want the ability to go to 4 when i need without having to buy a new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom