Replacement program for Norton Utilities??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivegottheskill

Beta member
Can anyone recommend a good program that could replace Norton Utilities, particularly its "one-button" system checkup feature?

I use it in conjunction with CCleaner , and it works very well at clearing and fixing system clutter.

I'm keen to switch from Norton AV to NOD32, which always gets great reviews, and uses less memory. I just didn't want to ditch Utilities as part of the system works thing I have

Thanks

Vcom fix it utilities 6 or Vcom Systemsuite 6. this was previously Ontrack fix it utilities, this is the best software available with Maybe the exception of Partition Magic.

you can choose not to use their A/V but to have it as a backup during your install (that's what I do as I use Nod32 too). it has a superior firewall, spyware killer, a recovery commander that's way better than Window's system restore (you need to learn how to burn .iso files to use it).it also come with power desk pro which is better than windows explorer.

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I've heard of VCom before, but I will be sure to check it out

Does Partition Magic repair hard drive and registry problems as well? Or were you just referring to its "partition" function compared to the one in the VCom program??

if you ask what is the best software out there, most people say partition magic. I was saying that Vcom is not far behind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom