Disk Boot Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kraut

In Runtime
First of all, i have searched for this but nothing helped. I bought this computer earlier this year from a friend and it worked fine until about june. Around then it started coming up with this error:
"Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:
Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:
Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter"

When it first sarted i could just push enter once and it would boot up, as time progessed it needed more enter pushes and it would still boot up. Then later it wouldnt work and all and stay at that screen. I finally got really annoyed and took it to a local computer store and when they hooked it up it worked fine. It worked fine for a month and now it started again. I am going to sell this comp soon and i want this problem fixed before then. I also dont have a system disk since i bought it from a friend and has lost it.:rolleyes: thank you

make sure that the CD-ROM is not first in the boot order inthe bios...make the hard disk first...this should solve the problem

I changed the boot order, the floppy drive was first and so i changed it to the hdd first. It worked perfect. Thank you.

I changed it to the hard drive first and it worked fine for two days and then started all over again. Does it matter in what order it boots up after the hdd?

If you go inside the tower and resteat the cable,
You should not have any problem in the future. If your hard drive set to cable select, change it to Master, other ones to slave. When hdd is at cable select the computer gets confused sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom