Is this a rip off??

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many times do we have to say alienware sucks a big one. Dude, why are you askin about this when in a previous thread you said you had 70$ saved up for it.

well 1. i'm getting my paycheck friday 2. i got another job starting monday 3. my birthday is soon and relatives give money 4. i get a bonus at the end of sales period (think thats the end of december), so that gives me alot of money... i should have about 2200 around the end of january, so thats enough, well maybe not i need a lil more for the shipping but another 2 weeks for a check wouldnt hurt anything, so i'd better plan early

NosBoost300 said:
well now that i've figured that problem out.... dual 7800 gt's, dual 7800gtx's.... or just one 7800 gtx 512 mb..... -_-
each is probably overkill ^_~. If you've the money though, go for it =P. There's not a game out yet (to my knowlege) that can push the limits of a single 7800gt.

not only was it better... but it came with speakers too! the alien didnt give me that -_-
It'll probably also come with better customer service if you ever need it :angry:

I'm pretty sure cyberpower has deals where you get like 5% off 999$ things or over and you get free shipping, not positive though.

PcMe said:
I'm pretty sure cyberpower has deals where you get like 5% off 999$ things or over and you get free shipping, not positive though.

With shipping that'd save you about $75 ^.^

I spent only 1200 on this computer, my processor was 650 dollars, this computer can run most FPS games at full settings without a hint of lag.

SLi is NOT worth it, maybe it was before, but now that a new line of video cards is coming out, they're probably going to be cheaper/same price as current SLi soloutions and have 2x the performance. With that being said, a one card solution is definately better, you can purchase DFI/Msi mobos with one PCI-E16x slot for a lot cheaper than their SLi equivalents.

I understand why you want a Raid drive, but its hard for me how much one of that size would cost. I use IDE (becuz its cheaper and there is not much difference using Win XP), 200GB only cost me 80 bucks with TAX. Maybe you could consider getting a lower capacity harddrive, and then add another high capacity one later.

Like what people said before me, there is no need for the latest technology crap. More technology is coming out, its right around the corner, better to buy cheap stuff that is going to be outdated soon, than buying expensive stuff that is also going to be outdated soon.

If you don't want to build your own comp, you can always ask a friend.

well ya i too think sli is a bit of a rip off for adding that much extra money for a mother board like that, and another graphics card it doesnt really show huge jumps of performance. I'm willing to spend the money for 1 512mb 7800 though, it would be cheaper than 2 256mb... i just wanna be ahead of the game... haha, i still do want an sli board though, for future use, you never know its still new technology it could get better. Less money would save me time and i'd be able to get my computer much sooner. And i do actually have friends that could help me build, but its something i'd feel comfortable with a pro doing and getting a warranty on the complete thing, and customer service helps lines n such... not that i'd use them.. just nice to know its there.

NosBoost300 said:
well 1. i'm getting my paycheck friday 2. i got another job starting monday 3. my birthday is soon and relatives give money 4. i get a bonus at the end of sales period (think thats the end of december), so that gives me alot of money... i should have about 2200 around the end of january, so thats enough, well maybe not i need a lil more for the shipping but another 2 weeks for a check wouldnt hurt anything, so i'd better plan early

No offense, but from the constant use of horrible grammer and spelling and unclear statements I thought you were a lot younger, no offense though it's just how I saw it. Anyways thats all cleared up now, your rig is looking so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom