Game Gain = /

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdoc

In Runtime
Hi , Ever since I've applied Game Gain, I've noticed the computer didn't really speed up, but slowed down. Why is that? Well, on a performance basis it did speed up, but only for a few seconds, then it will cause the computer to lag for 10 seconds and speed up for another few seconds. This is really bad if you are a gamer like me because you just can't afford the FPS slowing down on you when the cops are chasing you in NFS MW.

I've also noticed irregular boot up time when I start up my computer. It takes 30 seconds to start my dual boot up screen for windows/linux. Which normally takes 5- 10 seconds max.

Does anyone know how I can undo it? I didn't backup my registry. how can I "unlag my computer"?

hmm what its game gain, and what does it affect? Does it automaticly adjust overclocking of the video card or something? If it doesn your card could be heating up.

Mr_Threepwood said:
hmm what its game gain, and what does it affect? Does it automaticly adjust overclocking of the video card or something? If it doesn your card could be heating up.

Thank you for your response. Game gain is a software that will push your compnents to their limits to gain max game performance. I don't think it actually overclocks the hardware it's only registry tweaks.

From their site
"Advanced software based over-clocking features to enhance memory and cpu priorities."

Is there a way to turn game gain off? If you can, try it with it off and see if you still get the problem.

its overclocking past the stable states but not quite to the stage where the computer crashes. NEVER USE AUTO OVERCLOCKING. It overvolts for the speeds or it undervolts. i have never had it actually use the correct amount of voltage for the speed. Also you should not use it beacause if u can;t do it manually then u may not know the warning signes when somthing starts to go wrong.

no, it tweaks registry. I already uninstalled the program but it's still doing that.

I know it sounds kinda far-out there but can you do a system restore to a certain date in time before you got this program?

there will be trouble because it's been quite a long while now, if I were to do system restore prolly I'll lose a lot of data... uhm... aside to that problem, another big problem is, I've never setup any restore points...so...where am I gonna get the restore point from? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom