Which is better and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you mean clawhammer and venice core? Well for starters the venice has the 90 micrometer process type while the clawhammer has a 130 micrometer process type if I remember correctly. Venice uses s939 clawhammer uses s754. Venice has 512 L2 cache while clawhammer has 1 mb. The venice also has an sse3 instruction set.

edit: O the venice core is better

bball100 said:
I assume you mean clawhammer and venice core? Well for starters the venice has the 90 micrometer process type while the clawhammer has a 130 micrometer process type if I remember correctly. Venice uses s939 clawhammer uses s754. Venice has 512 L2 cache while clawhammer has 1 mb. The venice also has an sse3 instruction set.

edit: O the venice core is better
the non-venice 3200+ also comes in S939 configuration and has 512 L2 cache as well. It also boasts a 2000Mhz FSB while the Venice core only has a 1000Mhz FSB

does that change ur opinion?

Venice's are still better. 754's can't run dual channel and it's old technology.

edit: oops well the venices overclock better and they don'y come with a 2000 htt/fsb. It's 1000.

bball100 said:
Venice's are still better. 754's can't run dual channel and it's old technology.

edit: oops well the venices overclock better and they don'y come with a 2000 htt/fsb. It's 1000.
why are you still talking about the 754's? The 3200+ comes in 939 as well, like I stated above. And it can run dual core, and it has double the FSB of the Venice core.

But the Venice core is cheaper, hmm.

I don't remember exactly how it works, but sometimes they advertise it as 1000Mhz, and sometimes they advertise it as 2000Mhz. There's a multiplier in there that they decide to use sometimes when they advertise it. Both processors have the same FSB though. Someone else can deal with the specifics, but I think it works something like that.

The Venices also require less voltage, thus producing less heat.

I'm going with the Venice core because

it's cheaper
has SSE3 instruction sets
has an improved memory controller
operates at lower voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom