Oh yeah...computer fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

writer_jon

Beta member
Okay, so yesterday my step-mom gave me a hand me down old laptop. As far as I can tell, it is a CTX EzBook. Upon recieving it I took out the two PCMCIA cards that were there at the moment. What they were is irrevelent, but the fact that the PC was able to know they were there is what is important. The computer did in-fact know they were there, and then that they were missing. Well, my PC appears to be Windows 98 SE. Well, i wanted to start cleaning it out and downloading necesary software for it. so, I put in my Adaptec USB 2.0 PCMCIA card. Upon placing it in...nothing happens. No new hardware, or nothing. So using a cd, i installed the drivers. Well, still nothing happened upon re-attatching the card and reinstalling. Moving on from here, I decided to instead use a linksys wireless device that goes into the PCMCIA slot. Well, it didn't detect it...so I installed the software as it said to do. Still, nothing happened. Before I have been able to use both of these cards on an older laptop than this...and they both worked. I also installed some update from online, again using a CD burner to get the program to the CTX. I am lost to what to do...I am desperatly needing to update this computer, and desperatly needing internet. If someone can help me, please do.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom